Saturday, July 29, 2006

"At First Sight"-Nicholas Sparks' novel...again

Hi huniiiiiiiiiii abis nangis terisak2... novelnya buagus sekaleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... I couldn't control my emotions... sorry, sappy mood

u know, everytime I read his novels, it always reminded me of us... how the characters n the things he wrote about were so similar to our situations, to my feelings, what we went thru, etc...

n this particular novel I just finished was soooo bloody sad... the woman died after giving birth... I was like "Oh man! I wouldn't know how to react or what to do if any of the people I love died!"
n then you called earlier... and reminded me about the surgery... n then I remembered about the last surgery... how frightened I was... how much I prayed that everything would be alright... and then this, another surgery... Oh man, life sux!
n yet, like Jeremy in the novel, u handle it so well (from what I gather, not sure how u really handle it personally, though) because Jeremy wanted to be strong for both himself n his wife... eventhough he was scared as hell... he still had a sense of humor... n his wife was the one who got upset and edgy... and then I remembered how u always joked around everytime I got upset or mad... hiks...
Jeremy had been married before and they got divorced because he wasn't able to get his ex pregnant (his sperm count was low and he was pretty much infertile)...n then he met this woman and they fell in love and he got her pregnant and they had to get married right away (6 weeks later). Just when things couldn't be better, the baby was at risk blablabla... their love was tested and they passed... until the baby was born healthy and the wife died right after... huaaaaaaaaaaaa

and then now I just can't seem to stop thinking about the surgery u're gonna have... great! And then I couldn't help but wonder if it's gonna be like this constantly... worrying... hardships after hardships... I know that life is hard and everyone has their own burdens and sufferings and crosses to bear... and yet I couldn't help thinking that maybe mine is to constantly worry about your health... sux, huh?
What's funny is that I'm not scared of my own eventual death... I think I'd be able to handle my own hardships and death-related problems...but when it comes to the people you love, oh man... I couldn't help but wonder if I'd survive the grief! If I'd ever be able to move on, etc...
I'm the type of person who couldn't help but think the worst when it comes to worrying!--> Your know firsthand about this. Although most of the time, when I looked back, all those worries were a total waste of time... well, not really, actually, they sort of helped me get closer to God hehehe...

it's raining hard right now... really hard... it's been like this all day! raining hard for about 10 minutes, n then hot n humid n dry for 1-2 hours, n then raining hard again for 10-15 minutes... etc...

Anyway, back to the topic... n then after reading the novel, I found myself saying "man, then it's better to just live your life alone... lonely and sad, but at least bearable and not too emotional..." but then I looked back on my life and finalized that there's no way I would have it any other way... that's what makes life worthwhile... just like in the end Jeremy found that the meaning of life was to love another and to care for another...
And I realized that after what we've been through, there's no way I would turn back... despite the many hardships, I've been happy... and despite the amount of tears I've shed just this past 1.5 year (yes, it's been that long!), I'm happy that we crossed paths... and there's nobody I would rather be with than you... scary, huh? Just how much I've changed and matured and discovered about myself... and how much you've changed and yet somehow still the same you... how much I know and don't know you... I discover more and more things about you as we journey on, that sometimes I wondered if I knew you as much as I thought...
Just how well do we REALLY know the ones we love?... Mannn you or me should write a song about this hahaha

Everytime I read novels these days, I always have you in mind... somehow all the words seem to lead me to you... and then I got to thinking really really hard about us and the future and stuff... uuuggghhh


I've even started writing poems in my head hahaha... but no time to actually write them down.
I'm a worrier and I'll always be... GOSH... I wish I'm not... so yeah... just thought I'd let u know what I've been thinking and what I've been worrying about... although, through working with seniors, I've come to realize that deaths don't come so easily and yet deaths come very easily... the people we expect to NOT make it live on for years... there's this amazing woman who has cancer everywhere in her body, and yet she's still alive and will have her 92nd birthday in a few weeks... and then there are seniors who seemed to be perfectly healthy, one day they just passed away...just like that... death is scary... you never know when it will hit you or those you care about... and aging is one thing nobody can fight! Not even you, who claim to be immortal, babe... sorry...

"Well, then I'd say it takes two to tango. My guess is that both of you are right and both of you are wrong. That's the way most arguments go anyway. People are who they are and no one is perfect, but marriage is about becoming a team. You're going to spend the rest of your life learning about each other, and every now and then, things blow up. But the beauty of marriage is that if you picked the right person and you both love each other, you'll always figure out a way to get through it." (p. 148)

"...And when he does show up, just be happy to see him. Ask about his weekend, and listen with interest when he tells you about it. And afterwards, make sure he knows how special you think he is. Believe me, I was married for a long time...I know men. Let me tell you, they can be rip-roaring mad or frustrated or worried about work of life, but in the end, they're pretty simple to figure out if you know what makes them tick. And one of the things that make them tick is an almost desperate need to feel appreciated and admired. You make them feel that way, and you'll be amazed at what they'll do for you."

"Of course, they want great sex and want you to keep the house clean and neat and organized while looking beautiful and still having the energy to do fun things together, but admiration and appreciation are right up there...A man promises to do things to keep you happy in the hopes that you, too, will do the things that keep him happy...Men have different needs, women have different needs; that's the way it was hundreds of years ago, and that's the way it's going to be hundreds of years from now. If you both realize that, and you both work on meeting each other's needs, you'll have a good marriage. And part of that, for both of you, is trust. In the end, it's that simple."

"If you think it's tough now, wait until then. just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it will. But as long as you remember that he loves you and you love him--and both of you remember to act that way--you'll be just fine." (p. 163-164)

I love how in each novel, even though all are romance novels, his words and advices never repeat from book to book... it's always so fresh and exciting and takes you into the novel and you can't help but feel like you're living it yourself. that's the beauty of great writing, huh...
I really think everyone should and MUST read his novels... they teach a lot about life and love...the things that matter... and if only more people read and practice the things he writes about, then I'm sure more people will stay together instead of getting a divorce...

By the way, did u get the results of the scan yet? what was it really in ur knee?
Alrighty, I'm tired, going to bed now... don't work too hard, ok babe... love ya ^.^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home